Below is information and knowledge on the topic beef sirloin steak air fryer gather and compiled by the monanngon.net team. Along with other related topics like: Sirloin steak in air fryer medium rare, How to cook small sirloin steak in air fryer, Marinated sirloin steak in air fryer, 6 oz sirloin steak in air fryer, Ninja air fryer sirloin steak, Frozen sirloin steak in air fryer.
Jump to Recipe
Treat your friends, family, or yourself to this incredible air fryer sirloin steak! Juicy and flavorful, this easy recipe will help you cook your steak to perfection every time.
Sirloin is a beautiful cut of beef, but because of how lean it is, it can quickly dry out on the grill. That’s why I recommend this almost-fool-proof air fryer sirloin steak recipe instead!
The key to perfectly-cooked steak is to let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
This allows it to cook more evenly, so the meat turns out just how you like it from edge to edge. And the air fryer is perfect for giving it that crusty exterior that is oh-so-satisfying!
Here’s what I’m going to teach you in this post:
- How to cook the best sirloin steak in the air fryer
- How long to cook steak depending on your desired level of doneness
- Why we always let steak rest before slicing
- What to serve with air fryer steak
- How to reheat steak in the air fryer
Whether you’re entertaining dinner guests, prepping a nice family dinner, or just want to treat yourself to some red meat, making steak in the air fryer is a fantastic option.
Especially when the recipe is so easy! The simple garlic herb butter on top really takes the entire dish to the next level.
I made this recipe using the 5.8 QT Cosori Air Fryer. Its square basket makes it the perfect size for our family of 4.
How to Make Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
STEP ONE: Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
STEP TWO: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Season the steak on both sides with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper.
STEP THREE: Place the steak in the air fryer in the center of the basket and cook for 8-15 minutes until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
STEP FOUR: Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for about 10 minutes.
STEP FIVE: Meanwhile, mash together the butter, parsley, chives, garlic, and rosemary in a small bowl until well-combined. You can use some crushed red pepper to add some heat if you would like too!
STEP SIX: Slice the steak against the grain into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Top with the garlic-herb butter and serve.
How Long Should You Cook Sirloin Steak in the Air Fryer?
This depends on how you like your steak cooked.
Medium rare, which is cooked to an internal temperature of 135 degrees, will take 8-10 minutes in the air fryer.
For medium, between 140 and 150 degrees, cook the steak for 10-12 minutes.
If you prefer your steak medium-well to well-done, cook it for 15 minutes until it reaches 160 degrees F.
I recommend using an Instant Read Thermometer for the most accurate cooking time.
Also, keep in mind that the internal temperature will continue rising a bit once you take it out of the air fryer, so if your perfect steak is cooked to 140 degrees F, take it out at 135 degrees F.
Is There a Difference Between Sirloin Steak and Top Sirloin?
Top sirloin is part of the overall sirloin section. So while all top sirloins are considered a sirloin steak, not all sirloin steak is a top sirloin cut.
Sirloin, which can also be called rump steak, runs along the back of the animal between the ribs and the rump.
Top sirloin is the most prized section of the sirloin and is what you’ll most often see served in steak houses. Bottom sirloin tends to be a bit tougher.
Why Do You Let The Steak Rest Before Slicing?
Resting is one of the most important parts of cooking a steak. You definitely don’t want to skip this step, or you’ll risk losing all those wonderful juices!
Under heat, the muscle fibers in meat contract and release their juices, so you’ll lose them if you cut into the steak immediately.
As the meat rests, however, it will begin to reabsorb and redistribute the juices, giving you a much more tender steak. Just ten minutes makes a big difference!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- 4-Ingredient Potato Soup
- 5-Ingredient Squash Casserole
- Green Beans Almondine
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Mac and Cheese with Cream Cheese
How To Reheat Sirloin in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the leftover steak in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
You can read about some tips on reheating steak in the air fryer here.
I also recommend checking out this list of the best 25 Leftover Steak Recipes if you need a little inspiration!
Other Air Fryer Steak Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Flank Steak
- Air Fryer Skirt Steak
- Ribeye Steak in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer T Bone Steak
Love air frying? Join our newsletter! You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or join our free Facebook Air Frying Community.
- 2 (8-10 ounce) sirloin steaks, ¾-1 inch thick
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Season the steak on both sides with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper.
- Place the steak in the center of the air fryer basket and cook until desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes for medium-rare, 10-12 minutes for medium and 12-15 minutes for medium-well to well-done. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow to rest, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash together the butter, parsley, chives, garlic, and rosemary in a small bowl until well combined. You can use some crushed red pepper to add some heat if you would like too! Slice the steak against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick pieces. Top with the garlic-herb butter.
How to reheat sirloin steak:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Heat leftover sirloin steak in the air basket for 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 440Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
This nutrition information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products could alter exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
Extra Information About beef sirloin steak air fryer That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak | Everyday Family Cooking
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak – Recipe Vibes
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak – The Simple Parent
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak – Cool Bean Cooking
Air Fryer Sirloin Steaks with Garlic Butter – Fork To Spoon
Air Fryer Steak – Skinnytaste
Easy Air Fryer Steak Recipe – Diethood
Frequently Asked Questions About beef sirloin steak air fryer
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic beef sirloin steak air fryer, then this section may help you solve it.
Can sirloin steak be cooked in an air fryer?
How Long Should You Cook Sirloin Steak in the Air Fryer? This depends on how you like your steak cooked. Medium rare, which is cooked to an internal temperature of 135 degrees, will take 8-10 minutes in the air fryer. For medium, between 140 and 150 degrees, cook the steak for 10-12 minutes
How long should I air fry a sirloin steak?
Preheat a 3.5-quart air fryer to 400 degrees F. Season the steak on both sides with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Place the steak in the center of the air fryer basket and cook until desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare, 12 minutes for medium and 14 minutes for medium-well.
How long do you put cooked steak in the air fryer?
Air Fryer Steak Temps and Times
- Rare: 125 degrees F ? 4 to 6 minutes.
- Medium-Rare Steaks: 135 degrees F ? 6 to 8 minutes.
- Medium: 145 degrees F ? 8 to 10 minutes.
- Medium-Well: 155 degrees F ? 10 to 12 minutes (please don’t do this)
- Well Done: 160 degrees F ? 12 to 14 minutes (definitely don’t do this)
Can you cook raw steak in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Prepare the steaks by rubbing olive oil on each side. Rub the Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper on each side. Add the steak to the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes, turning over ager 6 minutes for medium