Below is information and knowledge on the topic air fryer apples with oats gather and compiled by the monanngon.net team. Along with other related topics like: Air fryer apple crumble healthy, Air fryer baked apples slices, Healthy baked apples in air fryer, Air fryer apples and brown sugar, Apple crumble with oats in air fryer, Air fryer baked apples WW, Apple in air fryer TikTok, Baked stuffed apples in air fryer.
=”video” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/fgmB5_mytIE” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope;” allowfullscreen>
Apple Pie Baked Oats (Air Fryer) – Anabolic Lifestyle #shorts
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Learn to make Air Fryer Baked Apples for a quick and healthy dessert that everyone loves. This apple dessert is full of cinnamon flavor with a crunchy and sweet oat filling. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Apple season is in the fall, but you can find sweet, crispy apples almost anytime of year anymore. This recipe for Air Fryer Baked Apples is the perfect sweet treat to use up all those extra apples.
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing much more comforting than stuffed apples with a sweet, oat filling. It’s perfect for fall when the weather starts to get cooler and we crave apple recipes.
Why You Need This Recipe
- These baked apples are a healthy option when you’re craving a quick and easy dessert. Apples are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. This whole recipe only has 3 tablespoons of sugar which means each apple half has roughly a half tablespoon of added sugar.
- Air Fryer Baked Apples are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan! Just be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- It’s super simple to make. You don’t even have to peel or chop the apples. Simply cut in half then core the middle and the apple prep is done. Recipes that take little prep work are my kind of recipes. You might also like my simple dessert recipes for Air Fryer Bananas or Air Fryer Banana Chips.
Whole apples are of course essential. Any type of apple will work, but Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala, or Pink Ladies are the perfect combination of crisp, sweet, and tart. Feel free to use your favorite apples. You could even use Granny Smith apples if you like.
Rolled oats add a delightful chew to the oat filling. Make sure to buy oats that are labeled gluten-free if you are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease.
Cinnamon gives it that quintessential warm and spicy flavor. Be sure to use Ceylon cinnamon for the optimal health benefits of cinnamon.
Coconut oil helps add healthy fat to this dessert and crisp up the filling. If you aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet, feel free to use melted butter instead.
Brown sugar adds a little extra sweetness!
Let me show you how easy it is to make this air fryer recipe.
Spray the inside of your fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and then prep the apples. Wash them, cut them in half, and core them. You can use a spoon, apple corer, or melon baller to remove the cores from the apples halves.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Lay apples skin side down in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
While the apples bake combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make the oat filling.
Once apples are done evenly distribute the oat filling between the apples and bake for 10 more minutes.
Let the apples cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Air Fryer Baked Apples as much as I do!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you want to make a topping for your baked apples, you can use dairy-free whipped cream (or regular whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you aren’t dairy-free or vegan). Caramel sauce would also be an amazing topping.
- If you aren’t dairy-free, you can also use butter in place of coconut oil (learn more about the reasons to go dairy-free).
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can I use quick cooking oats in place of rolled oats?
Yes but the oat filling won’t have as much chewy texture to it.
Can I use maple syrup instead of brown sugar?
Yes the mixture will be wetter but just spoon it onto each apple and it will still taste delish!
What can I top these apples with?
You can add whipped cream, coconut whipped cream, or ice cream for a more indulgent dessert.
More Air Fryer Desserts For You
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
And, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Red or green apples
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray the inside of your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Wash your apples and cut them in half. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the seeds and the core of each half of the apple
- Lay the apples skin side down in the basket of your air fryer. If the apples don’t want to lay flat, you can slice a tiny amount of the skin off to help them balance. Bake them for 10 minutes at 350°F to soften.
- While the apples are baking, combine the oats, coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- After the 10 minutes are up, open the air fryer basket. Use a spoon to divide the oat mixture between the apples (about 1 ½ tablespoons per apple half).
- Close the air fryer and cook the apples for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the apples cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- If you want to make a topping for your baked apples, you can use dairy-free whipped cream (or regular whipped cream if you aren’t dairy-free or vegan).
- If you aren’t dairy-free, you can also use butter in place of coconut oil.
- If you want this recipe to be gluten-free be sure to buy oats labeled or certified gluten-free. Oats are processed in facilities around gluten containing grains and are likely contaminated.
Keywords: air fryer dessert, air fryer apples, baked apples with oat filling
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
filed under: Air Fryer Game Day Recipes, Air Fryer Healthy Desserts, Air Fryer Recipes, Air Fryer Vegan Recipes, Autumn Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Cozy Winter Recipes, Desserts, Easy Recipes, Fall Desserts, Gluten-Free Recipes, Thanksgiving Desserts, Vegan Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
10 Comments / Leave a Comment »
Extra Information About air fryer apples with oats That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
Air Fryer Baked Apples (Oat Filling) – Clean Eating Kitchen
Air Fryer Apples with Honey Oat Topping – Erhardts Eat
Air Fryer Baked Apples – Cook it Real Good
Air Fryer Baked Apples – Air Frying Foodie
Air Fryer Apple Crisp with Oatmeal Streusel – Allrecipes
Easy Air Fryer Apples – Bites with Bri
Baked Air Fryer Apples – My Forking Life
Air Fryer Baked Apples With Cinnamon Oat Stuffing
Frequently Asked Questions About air fryer apples with oats
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic air fryer apples with oats, then this section may help you solve it.
Can you dry apple slices in an air fryer?
Add the apple slices to air fryer basket without over crowding. I did this in two batches. Air fry 14-16 minutes, tossing the slices every 5 minutes or so. Remove to a platter and let them cool to crisp up further, repeating the cooking process with the second batch of apples
Should I peel apples before roasting?
No. The peel softens as the apples roast and holds the apple pieces together
When making apple chips is it best to air fry or dehydrate?
It is quicker to dehydrate apples in air fryer than in dehydrators, which would take a minimum of 12 hours. So, if you are up for a quick healthy snack, go the air fryer route. Versatile. You can use the same recipe to make air fryer apple chips
How do you air fry apple blossoms?
Fill the center of the apple with caramel bites. Use a spoon or pastry brush to coat the outside of apples and inside of each separate petal with the mixture of sugar and butter. Spray air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and place apples inside at 350 degrees F for 10