- 1 Recommended Reading
- 2 Extra Information About what is the most unhealthy pie That You May Find Interested
- 2.1 Ranking Pies by How (Un)healthy They Are – MEL Magazine
- 2.2 The 6 Worst Desserts for Your Health: Pecan Pie – RxWiki
- 2.3 What is the most unhealthy pie? – Foodly
- 2.4 Deadliest Pies: Ranking the Unhealthiest – The Daily Beast
- 2.5 Gobble Gobble: Which Pie Has the Most Sugar? | Walk Georgia
- 2.6 6 Frozen Pies To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- 2.7 Which is the healthiest pie? – The Healthy Journal
- 2.8 What is the most unhealthy pie?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About what is the most unhealthy pie
- 3.1 What pie is the healthiest?
- 3.2 What component of pie is unhealthy?
- 3.3 What pie is the best in the world?
- 3.4 Why is pecan pie so calorie-dense?
- 3.5 Apple pies: Are they unhealthy?
- 3.6 Pie – junk food or not?
- 3.7 What pie is the most popular?
- 3.8 What pie is popular in America?
- 3.9 Pies at McDonald’s are they baked or fried?
- 3.10 What is the top fast food?
- 3.11 Who consumes junk food more—men or women?
- 3.12 What food ranks as the world’s tastiest food?
- 3.13 What quickly makes you fat?
- 3.14 What foods make you gain belly fat?
- 3.15 What causes women to have large stomachs?
- 3.16 What foods are calorie-free?
- 3.17 What age does a girl’s growth stop?
- 3.18 At what age does growth cease?
- 3.19 Why do females grow breasts?
- 3.20 Why is my 5-year-old’s period happening?
- 3.21 After their period, do girls grow?
- 3.22 What height should a 12-year-old have?
- 3.23 What does a boy’s period entail?
- 3.24 Is 5 1 too short for a female 12 year old?
- 3.25 When should 12-year-olds go to sleep?
Below is information and knowledge on the topic what is the most unhealthy pie gather and compiled by the monanngon.net team. Along with other related topics like: What pie has the least amount of sugar, Is pumpkin pie unhealthy, What are the healthiest pies, Are fruit pies healthy, Is Peach Pie healthy, Most fattening pie, How many calories in a whole pecan pie, Healthiest pies for Thanksgiving.
ies by How (Un)healthy They Are
Pumpkin? Pecan? Lemon Meringue? Which is least likely to turn me into a sugar cube?
So you made it through Thanksgiving dinner without falling into food coma, which means you must have room for a slice (or two) of pie. In order to help you mitigate the damage of mixing that with the bucket of mashed potatoes and gravy you just ate, we asked Dana Hunnes, senior dietitian at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, to help us rank traditional pies, from kinda unhealthy to extremely unhealthy.
But first, an explanation for her ranking: “Most classic pies use a pastry crust — butter, flour and perhaps some sugar,” Hunnes says. “If we put aside this similarity among all of the pies, what we’re really focusing on is the filling.”
With that, let’s rank some pies…
1. Pumpkin Pie: “This is going to be the healthiest, especially if you make it yourself with half of the sugar required in the recipe,” Hunnes says. “It’s a vegetable filled with vitamin A (beta carotene) [which helps support healthy skin, nails and hair] and fiber. The worst part about it is the crust, which contains the most calories: A slice would probably ‘cost’ you about 300 calories.”
2. Sweet Potato Pie: “Sweet potato pie is a close second,” Hunnes says. “I would say it’s almost identical to pumpkin pie — it might even require even less added sugar due to the inherent sweetness of sweet potatoes.”
3. Blueberry, Cherry, Strawberry and Apple Pie (tied): “The thing about these pies is that, while they contain real fruit (a major boon), they also contain a fair amount of sugar, and of course, that highly-caloric crust,” Hunnes explains. “While they’re very nearly tied, I did put them in this order for a reason: Blueberries tend to have the most antioxidants (phytochemicals and anthocyanins), followed closely by cherries, then strawberries and then apples. Obviously, homemade is best: If you buy store-bought pies, they tend to have more fillers and possibly fewer natural (healthy) ingredients.”
7. Pecan Pie: “While this has pecans, which are a great source of healthy fat, it’s mostly sugar, pecans, more sugar and white flour,” Hunnes says. “But still, it’s likely better for you than the following pies.”
8. Lemon Meringue and Key Lime Pie (tied): “I tied these up because, again, they’re made quite similarly,” Hunnes says. “Granted, lemon meringue pie traditionally has more egg in it — hence the yellow color of the custard — and a lot of sugar, but it’s still quite similar to key lime pie, which also has a lot of sugar.”
10. Chocolate Pie: “This is primarily fat and sugar — no ifs, ands or buts about it,” Hunnes emphasizes. “This may set you back 500 or so calories per slice, and that’s if you have chocolate pie without the side of chocolate ice cream (or what not).”
Whichever pie you choose, Hunnes suggests keeping your intake to a minimum: “I recommend either having super small portions, or at the very least, limiting yourself to only one slice.”
We are not thankful for this advice.
Ian Lecklitner is a staff writer at MEL Magazine. He mostly writes about everyone’s favorite things: Sex, drugs and food.
Extra Information About what is the most unhealthy pie That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
Ranking Pies by How (Un)healthy They Are – MEL Magazine
The 6 Worst Desserts for Your Health: Pecan Pie – RxWiki
What is the most unhealthy pie? – Foodly
Deadliest Pies: Ranking the Unhealthiest – The Daily Beast
Gobble Gobble: Which Pie Has the Most Sugar? | Walk Georgia
6 Frozen Pies To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
Which is the healthiest pie? – The Healthy Journal
What is the most unhealthy pie?
Frequently Asked Questions About what is the most unhealthy pie
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic what is the most unhealthy pie, then this section may help you solve it.
What pie is the healthiest?
The apple pie wins out when it comes to fiber, sugar (both total and added), and sodium, while the pumpkin pie has fewer calories and saturated fat and more protein and calcium.
What component of pie is unhealthy?
The main issue with meat pies is the 12g of saturated fat they typically contain, which is more than half the daily recommended amount. If you add buttery mashed potatoes or chips to the mix, the fat content of your meal is even higher. It’s best to save pies for special occasions.
What pie is the best in the world?
Apple pie is the top item on the list, coming in at position one.
Why is pecan pie so calorie-dense?
Cons: Although pecans have many health benefits, more doesn’t always equate to better. Pecan pie is traditionally made with a good amount of corn syrup and/or brown sugar, which only contributes sugar and calories. Additionally, your crust can be a significant source of fat, particularly artery-clogging saturated fat.
Apple pies: Are they unhealthy?
Add some ice cream or whipped cream, and you’re looking at well over 500 calories, which subtracts 25% of the typical 2,000-calorie diet from a modest slice of apple pie’s more than 400 calories and about 20 grams of fat (five of those come from the unhealthier saturated fats).
Pie – junk food or not?
The majority of fast food, sweet drinks, lollipops, chocolates, sweet snacks, chips and crisps, crunchy snack foods, biscuits, cakes, pies, sausage rolls, jam, and honey are considered to be junk food.
What pie is the most popular?
Apple pie, which accounted for more than 27% of sales nationwide, was the clear winner for the entire United States.
What pie is popular in America?
And the results are in: Apple pie is the nation’s favorite pie. As we discussed in our blog post on the history of apple pie, today’s apple pie is very different from the tasty dessert’s predecessor. In fact, the pies were once made with hard, inedible crusts that only served to preserve the pie’s contents.
Pies at McDonald’s are they baked or fried?
McDonald’s baked apple pie has 230 calories, 100% American-grown apples, and a lattice crust that has been baked to perfection and dusted with powdered sugar.
What is the top fast food?
In case you hadn’t guessed, pizza is America’s undisputed favorite junk food, so bad news for hamburger fans.
Who consumes junk food more—men or women?
According to the study, 38% of men and 35.4% of women respectively consume fast food on any given day. Men consume more fast food.
What food ranks as the world’s tastiest food?
Source Often called “the world’s most delicious dish,” Rendang is prepared by simmering beef with coconut milk with a mixture of the best of spices including turmeric, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chillies, and galangal.
What quickly makes you fat?
The fundamental cause of obesity and overweight, according to the World Health Organization, is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended. In other words, we either eat too much or spend too much time sitting down, or both.
What foods make you gain belly fat?
According to studies, eating processed foods with artificial additives and junk food, as well as foods high in sugar and Omega 6 fatty acids, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, and a sedentary lifestyle, are the main causes of high belly fat and obesity.
What causes women to have large stomachs?
You’re more likely to gain weight, including belly fat, if you eat too much and exercise insufficiently. Additionally, as you age, your muscle mass may slightly decline while your fat mass increases.
What foods are calorie-free?
We view eating only zero or negative calorie foods as fad dieting nonsense similar to drinking ice cold water instead of room temperature water (which burns about 5 extra calories per glass, by the way), even though the only food that truly has no calories is water.
What age does a girl’s growth stop?
Learn more about growth in girls, what to expect when it happens, and when you might want to call your child’s pediatrician. Girls usually stop growing and reach adult height by 14 or 15 years old, or a couple years after menstruation begins.
At what age does growth cease?
Boys may continue to grow until around age 16, but they may show the most growth between ages 12 and 15. The percentile your child falls into is less significant than consistency. For some girls, height tends to peak around the ages of 14 or 15.
Why do females grow breasts?
Sometimes these breast changes occur at the same time that pubic hair and armpit hair appear. When the ovaries start to produce and release (secrete) estrogen, fat in the connective tissue starts to collect, which causes the breasts to enlarge.
Why is my 5-year-old’s period happening?
A girl’s early onset of menstruation is typically caused by her body producing puberty-related hormones earlier than usual.
After their period, do girls grow?
Your genes (the code of information you inherited from your parents) will determine many things during this time, including: your height, your weight, the size of your breasts, and even how much hair you have on your body. Girls typically stop growing taller around 2 years after beginning their menstrual period.
What height should a 12-year-old have?
We can only speak to national average heights in North America, but a 12-year-old girl should be between 137 cm and 162 cm (4-1/2 to 5-1/3 feet) tall, while a 12-year-old boy should be between 137 cm and 160 cm (4-1/2 to 5-1/4 feet) tall.
What does a boy’s period entail?
Last but not least, the term “male period” or “man-struation” is slang for blood discovered in urine or feces, but according to Brito, bleeding from the male genitals is frequently caused by parasites or an infection.
Is 5 1 too short for a female 12 year old?
The ideal height for a 12-year-old boy is between 4 1/2 and 5 1/4 feet, and for a 12-year-old girl is between 4 1/2 and 5 1/3 feet.
When should 12-year-olds go to sleep?
There is still a wide range of bedtimes, from 7:30 to 10 p.m., as well as total sleep times, from 9 to 12 hours, although the average is only about 9 hours, at these ages due to social, school, and family activities. Most 12-year-olds go to bed at around 9 p.m.