- 1 How to make Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
- 2 Extra Information About how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer That You May Find Interested
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer
- 3.1 How long are breakfast burritos from frozen good for?
- 3.2 How long can frozen burritos be stored there?
- 3.3 What is the shelf life of breakfast burritos?
- 3.4 How can breakfast burritos be frozen without becoming soggy?
- 3.5 Can you eat frozen burritos that have gone bad?
- 3.6 How long do frozen breakfast burritos from El Monterey last?
- 3.7 Should I store breakfast burritos in the fridge or freezer?
- 3.8 Can cheese-filled burritos be frozen?
- 3.9 How is a frozen breakfast burrito defrosted?
- 3.10 Can you freeze homemade burritos?
- 3.11 Is it possible to thaw and then refreeze frozen burritos?
- 3.12 A frozen breakfast burrito can be air-fried, right?
- 3.13 Why shouldn’t refrozen food be possible?
- 3.14 Does aluminum foil work in air fryers?
- 3.15 Can you use an air fryer with a glass dish?
Below is information and knowledge on the topic how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer gather and compiled by the monanngon.net team. Along with other related topics like: Reheating frozen breakfast burritos in oven, Sausage breakfast burritos to freeze, Freezer breakfast burritos vegetarian, How to freeze breakfast burritos, Freezer bacon breakfast burritos, Healthy freezer breakfast burritos, Breakfast burrito recipe, Make ahead breakfast burritos.
Breakfast Burritos | Make Ahead and Freezer Meal
Jump to Recipe
Our family loves stocking our freezer by meal prepping breakfast burritos. These freezer breakfast burritos are full of cheese, egg and sausage they are perfect for breakfast on the go. Or hey, make them a field meal and have breakfast for dinner!
This is a great breakfast burrito to freeze for later or stash in your fridge for now!
This post was originally posted on 9/4/19 and was updated 9/14/20. Recipe and content may have been updated for clarity. And likely, vanity. Who doesn’t love a pretty burrito pic?
These make ahead breakfast burritos are perfect for busy times, like harvest, around here. When we need a grab and go breakfast and you’re headed to the corn field (or even the baseball field), you can skip the drive thru and heat one of these breakfast burritos instead.
Breakfast time, we’ve got you covered….
5 Ingredients in Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
My meal prep recipe below uses:
- Eggs: scrambled. Stop cooking them just before you think they’re ready. They’ll cook in the pan a bit even after you pull them off of the heat.
- Sausage – Usually I use a pound of pork breakfast sausage but you could also substitute turkey sausage or even sausage links or patties, cut into strips.
- Salsa – use whatever your favorite is. I like to use a slightly thicker variety.
- Cheese – I use cheddar cheese and I shred it myself. It doesn’t have anything added to it this way which makes it meltier and somehow, better!
- Flour tortillas: I buy burrito size so they’re easy to roll
Other ingredient ideas for breakfast burritos
Hmmm, let’s think of all the sorts of burrito combinations we could make!
Substitute bacon or ham for the sausage or add a different cheese like shredded Swiss, Monterey jack or Pepper Jack cheese for a little heat. Drizzle it with siracha. Add some jalapenos.
Add hash brown or diced potatoes, peppers, onions….anything is fair game here! Have at it, friends!
How to make Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
- Cook the eggs: Scramble the eggs in a medium sized skillet until cooked and then add cooked sausage and salsa. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Warm tortillas: I like to heat the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds or so, covered with a damp paper towel. This makes them more pliable for rolling.
- Fill the burritos: Add a portion of the egg and sausage mixture to your flour tortilla, topped with a healthy portion of shredded cheese.
- Roll, burrito style.
How to Freeze Breakfast Burritos
To freeze your burritos for later, cover a sheet pan with waxed paper or parchment. Place in the freezer until the burritos are firm. Then, transfer the frozen burritos to a zip top baggie or other freezer safe container.
Oh, and label your bags before you put them in the freezer! Ask me how I know!!!
You can add the date if you’d like. Ours have never stayed in the freezer longer than a week or two, so I don’t bother.
Can I reheat breakfast burritos?
Yes, these burritos can be reheated!
You can thaw breakfast burritos in the refrigerator overnight, or reheat from frozen. To serve, simply microwave breakfast burritos to heat through. Everything is already cooked!
How long do breakfast burritos last in the fridge?
Burritos don’t last very long in our household, but they can stay in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, or in the freezer, wrapped, for about three months.
What to Serve with Breakfast Burritos
These breakfast burritos are pretty much a meal in themselves, but I love a little fresh fruit on the side.
You can also serve salsa, sour cream or jalapeno slices with them. Or guacamole. Now we’re getting fancy!
Other Make Ahead Breakfast recipes you’ll love:
- Biscuit Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
- Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Our family loves meal prep breakfast burritos. Full of cheese, egg and sausage they are perfect for breakfast on the go and an easy camping recipe, too!
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound sausage, browned and drained
- ¾ cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 flour tortillas
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet until cooked; add your cooked sausage and salsa. Allow to cool slightly.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave, covered with a damp paper towel for 20-30 seconds or until pliable.
- Add a portion of the egg/sausage mixture to flour tortilla, top with a portion of cheese.
- Roll, burrito style.
- To freeze: Flash freeze in the freezer on a sheet pan covered with parchment or wax paper.
- To store: Once frozen solid, place in a gallon sized ziplock bag.
- To reheat: Cook in microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 220Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Here’s a shot of meal prepping breakfast burritos during harvest. No time for fancy photos here!
Extra Information About how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos | Make Ahead and Freezer …
Rating: 3⭐ (600150 rating)
Highest Rate: 5⭐
Lowest Rate: 1⭐
Sumary: Our family loves meal prep breakfast burritos. Full of cheese, egg and sausage they are perfect for breakfast on the go and an easy camping recipe, too!
Matching Result: A breakfast burrito can only be kept in the fridge for three to four days. Freezing can extend the shelf life of food by three months. It is …
- Intro: Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos | Make Ahead and Freezer Meal Jump to Recipe Our family loves stocking our freezer by meal prepping breakfast burritos. These freezer breakfast burritos are full of cheese, egg and sausage they are perfect for breakfast on the go. Or hey, make them a field meal…
Frequently Asked Questions About how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic how long do breakfast burritos last in the freezer, then this section may help you solve it.
How long are breakfast burritos from frozen good for?
How long can frozen burritos be stored there?
What is the shelf life of breakfast burritos?
How can breakfast burritos be frozen without becoming soggy?
Each burrito should be completely covered in aluminum foil before being placed in a single layer in resealable plastic bags. Once the bags have been sealed, any remaining air should be removed.
Can you eat frozen burritos that have gone bad?
The good news is that you can eat frozen food that has passed its expiration date, though in some cases the flavor, color, or texture may have decreased in quality (1). If you notice that the date on the frozen food package has already passed, you may be wondering if that food is still safe to eat.
How long do frozen breakfast burritos from El Monterey last?
Pork sausage patties typically have 19 grams (g) of fat and 210 calories, and if you don’t have any leftovers, you can freeze them for up to a month and microwave them. One El Monterey Breakfast Burrito has 280 calories.
Should I store breakfast burritos in the fridge or freezer?
Breakfast burritos can be stored in your fridge or freezer for up to a week in the fridge and up to a month in the freezer. As you fill each breakfast burrito, wrap it in foil or food paper, label with the ingredients & date, and pack everything into a large zip bag for convenient storage.
Can cheese-filled burritos be frozen?
You can either freeze your burritos for about 3 months, or you can keep them in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. To cook them from the refrigerator, just place them in a skillet or on a grill pan and cook over medium until the tortillas are brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted on the inside.
How is a frozen breakfast burrito defrosted?
2) Oven Method (Frozen): Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the frozen breakfast burrito (in foil) for 45 to 60 minutes, or until warmed through. Unwrap the foil from the frozen burrito, wrap in a moist paper towel, and microwave on the defrost setting for 2 to 3 minutes.
Can you freeze homemade burritos?
Before you fill and wrap your burritos and freeze them, make sure all of the ingredients have cooled completely because if any of the warmth from the ingredients is retained, the burritos will become soggy.
Is it possible to thaw and then refreeze frozen burritos?
To safely refreeze frozen food that has thawed, it must have been kept cold at 40 degrees or below for no more than 3-4 days; it can be either raw or cooked, but there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost during thawing.
A frozen breakfast burrito can be air-fried, right?
Frozen burritos should be placed in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer or on the cooking tray. Air fry until hot and golden all over. Once cool enough to handle, eat.
Why shouldn’t refrozen food be possible?
Contrary to popular belief, thawing and re-freezing frozen meat will affect the safety and quality of the product because once seafood or meat is thawed, bacteria will begin to multiply, which may result in spoilage or cause food poisoning.
Does aluminum foil work in air fryers?
Is It Safe to Use Aluminum Foil in the Air Fryer? Aluminum foil is perfectly safe to use in your air fryer, and it may even make cooking with one simpler.
Can you use an air fryer with a glass dish?
The dish can be used in an air fryer if it is oven-safe, made of borosilicate, or tempered glass; however, if it is made of soda-lime glass, it cannot withstand the high temperatures in an air fryer.